World No.17 Mexico, who opened with a 2-2 draw against European champions Portugal, are formidable opponents who the All Whites know well.
What does each team need to do to qualify?
However, they did narrowly lose 2-1 against Mexico back in October 2016, and if they can muster a similar performance, the Mexicans will have their work cut out for them.
"We still believe in qualification, we have great possibilities, because there are still two games left".
"We are professionals. We are just thinking about doing our best in the Confederations Cup and to go as far as we can in this tournament", Pepe said when asked whether the situation over Portugal's talisman had impacted on the group. Oribe Peralta netted in the 72nd to win the game, but El Tri was poor and survived a late scare when New Zealand's Ryan Thomas hit the crossbar in the 85th.
But we played them in October in front of 40,000 fans, it was a close game and we caused them problems.
Mexico are on a high after an impressive 2-2 draw with European champions Portugal, while New Zealand struggled in the 2-0 defeat to Russian Federation. As a result - quite the expected defeat 0: 2, the prospects of reaching the group became very murky.
Although Ronaldo received the vote of the crowd, most observers would argue Bernardo Silva was the game's stand-out player.
Ronaldo's future remains cloudy after reports in Portugal suggested he wanted to leave the Champions League winners after Spanish authorities launched an investigation into his tax affairs.
Diego Reyes had a header saved as Mexico's pressure continued before their third substitution saw Moreno replaced by Rafael Marquez.
The result preserves an important run for each side.Mexico's last competitive loss came nine games and exactly one year ago when Chile hammered them 7-0 in the Centenary Copa America. "But, having taken stock of the game itself, it wasn't as bad as it felt at the time", he said.
"We've been trying to figure out if they will make changes", said Hudson.
- Rafael Nadal Dominates In Winning Record 10th French Open
- Koepka's trip around the world leads to major title at home
- Senate close to vote on dismantle health law
- Looming expansion draft turns up trade chatter around National Hockey League
- Republicans divided as Trump reverses some Obama Cuba policy
- Whole Food shares keep rising, leading to bidding war speculation
- List of GOP congressmen found with baseball practice shooter
- OnePlus 5 pricing details revealed via new leak
- Republicans, Democrats Play Ball for 'Team Scalise'
- Schiff says firing Mueller would echo Watergate