Fultz averaged 23.2 points last season, tops among freshmen, and added 5.9 assists and 5.7 rebounds per game, the only Division I player to reach those stats.
The result is a fully handmade basketball-leather sneaker, which had everyone talking Thursday night.
Even though Fultz was relatively unknown on a national scale, there's a certain level of luxury that comes with being the No. 1 overall NBA draft pick.
Celtics receive: #3 overall pick (Jayson Tatum), 2018 Lakers 1st round pick if it falls between pick 2-5, and 2019 Kings 1st round pick (#1 protected) if Lakers pick doesn't convey.
It was not a good night in the Windy City. "Definitely was, and now I'm just focused on playing", Lonzo Ball said. Expect the Maryland bred point guard be a major asset into the "trust the process" movement Joel Embiid has started as he rounds up a core of young talents as he joins Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid and Dario Saric.
In fact, Sixers managing owner Josh Harris just recently indicated that signing Embiid to an extension is the team's top off-season priority.
Fultz was a bit of a late bloomer, failing to make his high school's varsity team his freshman and sophomore years. Hinkie's end game really was to acquire as many assets as possible while drafting young and talented players that had potential to become superstars. His PER of 8.13 was laughable from a guy touted as the most NBA-ready player in the 2016 NBA Draft.
Outsiders might find it premature for fans to be so gaga over a club that won 28 games last season and just 75 combined over the previous four seasons.
The worst team has the best odds of getting the first pick. The only question was will they pick Lonzo Ball or De'Aaron Fox.
- Concerns Over Senate Health Care Would Impact Medicaid In Arizona
- Senate GOP releases bill to cut Medicaid, alter 'Obamacare'
- Trump is 'very supportive' of Senate healthcare bill -White House
- Stabenow Speaks Out Against GOP's Latest Health Care Bill
- Unpopular Among Voters, Pelosi Says She's 'Worth the Trouble'
- Trump Boasts About Republican Wins in Special Congressional Elections
- After Karen Handel victory, GOP celebrating, Dems searching
- Some House Democrats mull over how to oust Pelosi as leader
- Casey heads to Pennsylvania to hammer Senate health bill
- After high-profile losses, some Democrats seek change at the top