"They called me at 2 p.m. [5 p.m. EDT] and said, 'The store is closing for good at 5 p.m. local time The company is going bankrupt". "You're not going to be able to get anything from us", it was shocking", said Sara Brewer of Enfield, who came to the store to purchase and pick up a dress that her friend living in Virginia was interested in buying.
Moy got a letter from the company's attorney that read Alfred Angelo has been left with no alternative but to file bankruptcy.
The reports quickly flooded social media, sparking a panic among many brides and bridesmaids across the country.
The company has one store in the Columbus area, near the intersection of State Route 161 and Sawmill Road. "The chances of us getting our dresses and getting our money back - who knows?" The 84-year-old company is yet to make a public announcement about the closure. Another groom said his bride is too upset to talk, but also has a dress there and can't get through to anyone.
However, it's not clear what will happen to ordered items that had not yet been delivered to the store. Kerr said she received a call yesterday telling her her dress was in the store and she should pick it up in the next two weeks.
Alfred Angelo Bridal corporate has not responded publicly to the closures. "I'm anxious", said Molly Shifflett from Madison.
"We thought it was a hoax on the Internet", she said. Alfred Angelo bridesmaid customers in the same position will receive 20% off the current price of all bridesmaids dresses at David's Bridal. "I was picking up the other bridesmaid's dress and they didn't say anything about it".
Busboom said when she tried to call the Lincoln store Thursday, she was placed on hold, but overheard store employees advising other employees not to answer the phone.
As frustrating as the situation was for the customers, many were concerned for the stores employees.
Brides are being left without dresses or refunds as dozens of shops from a popular bridal company are suddenly closing.
- All-new India-bound 2018 Audi A8 unveiled
- Novak Djokovic upset with quality of Wimbledon grass
- Querrey upsets defending champion Murray at Wimbledon — CP NewsAlert
- FDA panel recommends approval for experimental leukemia treatment
- Sen. Paul: GOP Healthcare Bill Still Doesn't Repeal Obamacare
- Hundreds of fires rip through Canada, US
- Cubs acquire Jose Quintana from White Sox in blockbuster 5-player trade
- India's Mithali Raj becomes leading run-scorer in Women's ODIs
- China needs to do more on North Korea: Haley
- NZ dollar little changed as USA inflation data awaited