The following month, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and other US intelligence agencies began investigating Russian election meddling.
Maria Zakharova, a spokeswoman for the foreign ministry, told a news briefing on Friday that "time was running out" for the problem to be resolved.
The recent revelation of Donald Trump Jr.'s 2016 meeting with a Kremlin-linked Russian lawyer is causing headaches for the Trump administration.
Grassley's complaint questions whether the Russians, including Akhmetshin, should have registered as foreign agents "for their efforts to bring down a US law on behalf of the Kremlin".
Sekulow reiterated that Trump "recently became aware", but Cooper asked him if the President knew "prior to today" about there being more people in the room. Schiff says lawmakers are reviewing whether the campaign worked with Russians in any way, including distributing "fake news".
And remember, Trump Jr. said he had revealed "everything", yet he "forgot" to name Rinat Akhmetshin and, according to CNN, another three people, a total of four names left off the list. He took a meeting with a Russian lawyer.
The digital director of President Donald Trump's campaign, Brad Parscale, said Friday he had accepted an invitation to testify before the House intelligence committee's Russian Federation investigation.
Former FBI Director Robert Mueller - as a special counsel in the Justice Department's Russian Federation probe - is investigating allegations of collusion between Trump's campaign and Russian Federation in an effort to defeat Clinton in last fall's presidential election.
"In fact, we were so busy just trying to keep up with the sun rising and setting on that campaign, that I can't imagine anyone had the time nor the wherewithal to go out there and even do something like this", Mr Caputo said.
A attorney for White House senior adviser Jared Kushner is leaving his legal team..
NBC News noted that the presence of a Russian-American, who is a former Soviet counterintelligence officer, would pique the interest of special counsel Robert Mueller and the House Senate panels investigating allegations of Trump campaign collusion with Russian agents. "He took a meeting with a Russian lawyer, not a government lawyer but a Russian lawyer".
- Red Sox Top Prospect Rafael Devers Reportedly Promoted To Triple-A
- FDA panel recommends approval for experimental leukemia treatment
- Alabama's 'Don't waste a failure' mantra should frighten SEC foes
- Jaguar E-Pace: Designed to Cross Over
- Cubs acquire Jose Quintana from White Sox in blockbuster 5-player trade
- Sen. Paul: GOP Healthcare Bill Still Doesn't Repeal Obamacare
- Rahul Gandhi attacks PM Modi's policies and blames him for Amarnath attack
- Hundreds of fires rip through Canada, US
- Trump's election panel puts hold on voter data request
- Konta hails 'true champion' Venus Williams after Wimbledon defeat