"Commercially he's very strong and for sure Paris Saint Germain thought about it". Therefore, it's quite surprising for Paris Saint-Germain to recruit Neymar with such an aggressive offer.
For many years, PSG was known for under-achievement, overt racism in the stands and fan violence outside the stadium.
The player's assurances could be seen as a way of hitting back at critics furious at his departure from Barcelona.
Fans incensed by Neymar's mega move to the Paris Saint Germain posted videos on Twitter dousing Barcelona jersey's with Neymar 11 and setting it alight.
Neymar scored 105 goals playing alongside Messi and was a key playmaker for Barcelona as it won a Champions League, two Spanish leagues, three Copa del Reys, one Club World Cup, a UEFA Super Cup and two Spanish Super Cups.
Neymar's transfer was confirmed on August 3, but it appears Barcelona won't pay his father the fee he was due to receive.
The role played by PSG's owner Oryx Qatar Sports Investments (QSI) has been looked upon sceptically in Spain, with the El Mundo newspaper describing the move as a "state signing". "There is life, challenge and football in other places. I love the fact that we play together for Brazil and also here in Paris".
"I formed an attack with Messi and Suarez that is left for the history books", he added. I conquered everything an athlete can conquer.
Neymar denied that he was exhausted of playing in the shadows of Lionel Messi at Barcelona, he said "it's not that I wanted to be the big star at Barcelona".
Neymar had said at a media presentation on Friday that he hoped to take part in PSG's opening league match at the Parc des Princes.
The new Paris boy gets an A for effort but might want to stick to his day job. To do my best. "And to do even better", he said.
Barcelona spokesman Josep Vives said that the club would not negotiate and would demand the full payment of the clause. "He did not come here for the money".
"If I was following the money, I would be somewhere else, with other clubs in other countries".
Neymar, 25, joined on a five-year contract from Barcelona on Thursday after PSG met the cost of the buyout clause in his contract.
Neymar's €222 million transfer more than doubled the previous record, and the superstar is set to make a remarkable €30m a year after taxes.
- Local observatory explains the uniqueness of the upcoming total solar eclipse
- Russia reserving right for more retaliatory steps on US
- Microsoft Is Testing Eye Control for Windows 10 Users
- 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli convicted in fraud trial
- For only second time, Bulls have a preseason ranking
- Doklam dispute: China demands Indian withdrawal
- Wie sets course record at Women's British Open; Miyazato eight shots back
- Pioneering scientists edit genes in embryos to stop inherited diseases
- Solar Eclipse Will Affect Air Temperature
- Rauner Vetoes $250M For Chicago Public Schools