They live very precarious lives and are prey to a new kind of machismo that gives the male a sense of impunity and entitlement to rape and molest.
Chandigarh Police officials are silent when asked why the accused has not been called for the crime scene reconstruction. On the other hand, the family suffering from the CCTV footage reportedly disappeared. "BJP government must punish the guilty; not collide with culprits and mindset they represent", he said.
There is no political pressure on the Chandigarh Police in the stalking case involving the son of Haryana BJP chief Subhash Barala, BJP parliamentarian Kirron Kher said today.
Giving an update on the stalking case, the Chandigarh police said: "Technical analysis is going on". We are a professional investigating agency and we are doing our job. Charges of stalking and wrongful restraint are bailable, while the charges of kidnapping based on the fact that the two accused tried to open the door of her auto would attract a non-bailable warrant. On Monday evening, after Kundu had spoken to television channels, the Chandigarh police claimed that they had finally retrieved incriminating CCTV footage.
In a comment that he has since back-tracked on, Haryana BJP vice president Ramveer Bhatti had said about Varnika, "Why was she allowed to roam around at night?"
Haryana BJP chief Subhash Barala's son Vikas, 23, and Ashish Kumar, 27, were arrested for allegedly stalking Varnika. However, he refused to divulge the source of footage, which he said were either from the police's CCTV cameras or those privately installed. A minor girl of Bidhai Khera village in Fatehabad distirct of Haryana was allegedly abducted by Kuldeep a couple of months ago. "We are carrying out technical analysis of the CCTV cameras identified along the route", he said. "This is not the first time that they have unleashed an army of trolls against the victim in a case where a BJP leader is involved", Ms. Mishra added.
After the girl recorded her statement before the area magistrate here under section 164 of the CrPC, police added another section 341 (Punishment for wrongful restraint) in the FIR.
- Reporter: Commitment to the GOP agenda doesn't make you a Trump loyalist
- Flake doubts tiffs with Trump would affect GOP support of re-election bid
- Michelle Carter: Does a 15-month sentence fit her horrific crime?
- Doklam dispute: China demands Indian withdrawal
- US Hiring Maintains Strong Pace, Jobless Rate Falls to 4.3%
- Microsoft Is Testing Eye Control for Windows 10 Users
- Despite insurers' tactical win on ACA's cost-sharing payments, uncertainty lingers
- Mo Farah wins his last 10000 metres Gold
- Bank of England downgrades growth expectations
- Mo Farah defends his 10000m title