But that will amount to little if Arsenal fail to regain their top tier status in the division this season, after they finished in a disappointing fifth place past year.
As the Premier League gears up for a return to action this weekend, Press Association Sport takes a statistical look at some of the key match-ups in the opening round of fixtures.
Huddersfield Town - Aaron Mooy has been one of its big signings and he was terrific last season, but it's going to be a tough one in the Premier League for it. Make no mistake, for teams like Huddersfield success is staying up. Leicester rounded off their pre-season with a 2-1 win over Borussia Mönchengladbach.
Frustrated by City's failings in his trophyless first season in England, Guardiola has overhauled his squad with defenders Kyle Walker, Benjamin Mendy and Danilo, plus goalkeeper Ederson and playmaker Bernardo Silva. Last week Arsenal claimed the first domestic trophy of the season by beating Chelsea 4-3 on penalties to win the Community Shield with new signing Kolasinac scoring on his debut.
Unless Benitez is given the resources he needs, there is every chance he could leave the club.
Mauricio Pochettino's team have been the league's second-best outfit over the last two years-ignore the fact that they came third in 2015/16-but their temporary move to Wembley Stadium could seriously hamper them. Do the Arsenal players need to be aware of this threat and make sure that they keep him under control tomorrow? This game will have more of a competitive edge than the usual curtain raiser, but we can expect Arsene Wenger's side to be up for it.
New recruit Harry Maguire is expected to be assigned to Lacazette and he is aiming to stop the French forward who has scored 91 goals in the French Ligue 1 over the past four seasons. "They played some incredible football previous year and had just a couple of problems".
Wenger has suffered a blow already this season with contract rebel Alexis Sanchez suffering an abdominal strain. But it is August, so the mood around the team is still positive.
Hughton has been in the Premier League with Newcastle and Norwich and has a reputation - particularly at the Canaries - for playing safety-first football and making sides hard to beat.
- Trump pays a staffer $89000 to find positive news stories about him
- PGA Championship moving to May, shifting golf's majors in 2019
- Apple iPhone 8 case render confirms bezel-less display
- Watch This Summer's Solar Eclipse With Free Eclipse Glasses
- Opposition pleads with ANC MPs to defy party and oust Zuma
- Gujarat Legislators To Start Returning Tomorrow From Bengaluru Hideaway
- Bairstow out for 99 in Sth Africa 4th Test
- 'Game of Thrones' Cave Painting Holds a Clue About Jaime
- A strategic thought on improving Indian-Chinese relations
- Facebook starts new video service called 'Watch'