Keep in mind the eclipse should begin at 9:13 a.m. on august 21 and will reach its peak at 10:33 a.m. The last total eclipse that crossed the entire continent occurred on June 8, 1918. Prime viewing locations across the country, such as Salem, Ore.; Idaho Falls, Idaho; Lincoln, Neb.; Nashville, Tenn.; and Charleston, S.C., will be able to enjoy seeing the moon enveloping the sun for more than 2 minutes in some places.
This will be a learning experience for many who have never experienced a total eclipse.
On Monday, August 21, a solar eclipse will race across the US, from OR to SC in a fleeting 90 minutes.
If you're heading down to OR next week to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse, you'll want to plan ahead. Because the moon and earths orbits don't match perfectly, it's rare for the moon to completely eclipse the sun. The sun is vastly larger than our moon, but also vastly further away in just the right proportion that both our moon and the sun appear about half a degree on the sky. Even more unbelievable is that Carbondale will again be the place to see the maximum eclipse. Solar filter glasses should have an ISO 12312-2 stamp on them which means they are safe.
Solar eclipse glasses are $1 or you can buy a "Get Eclipsed" guidebook with solar glasses for $3.47.
At the Downtown Spokane Public Library, Friday will be the last chance for your child to learn what the eclipse is all about, and learn how to safely look at the sun.
The district is showing a district wide safety video about the eclipse and the importance of the glasses on Friday.
21, at 1:30 p.m., the moon will block out 91 percent of the midday sun in the Kankakee area, only leaving 9 percent of normal daylight. Below is a list of approved stores in Wichita Falls that are selling the solar eclipse glasses.
It's also important that the lenses are not scratched or damaged. Take a look at our mini guide below. So when the moon passes in front of the sun, it can create a total eclipse, depending on your viewing site.
- Tuesday Morning Weather: Still Cool And Soggy
- Kante admits it will be tough season for Chelsea
- Rihanna's Crop Over costume slays social media — BBCI
- National Assembly will not create "obstacles" for economy: Venezuela's VP
- Facebook starts new video service called 'Watch'
- Haryana stalking case: cracks appear in BJP's defence of Subhash Barala
- Taylor Swift's attorney accuses radio show host of trying to get rich
- Apple iPhone 8 case render confirms bezel-less display
- Gujarat Legislators To Start Returning Tomorrow From Bengaluru Hideaway
- 'Game of Thrones' Cave Painting Holds a Clue About Jaime