Leicester City manager Craig Shakespeare has described his side's 4-3 loss at Arsenal as "very disappointing", but believes that the Foxes can build on their performance at the Emirates Stadium. Fuchs done enough to put him off.
Mahrez is in the shop window so he looked up for it against Arsenal and he provided an assist for Leicester's third. Somehow they got more than that. That's acceptable but perhaps proved that Arsenal's second-string defenders may not be as good as we thought.
Arsene Wenger then made the move of the match in a 67th-minute double change, putting on Giroud and Ramsey for Elneny and Rob Holding. With the Europa League for Arsenal to also contend with, he will get starts and goals.
With Arsenal failing to qualify for this season's UEFA Champions League, Sanchez, who was Arsenal's top scorer in the league with 24 goals last season, has been heavily linked with a move away from The Emirates although Wenger has repeatedly said this offseason that the Chile worldwide is not for sale.
Premier League Club Bid For Anthony Martial
City have splashed out an estimated £217million on the likes of Bernardo Silva, Ederson, Kyle Walker, Danilo and Benjamin Mendy ahead of the 2017-18 season.
Wenger eventually signed a new two-year contract extension following an end to a campaign which finished on a high with victory in the FA Cup final after failing to secure Champions League qualification for the first time under his long tenure.
Giroud had been linked with an exit during the summer, and Wenger admitted he considered allowing his most authentic target man to leave but the 30-year-old resisted the idea. He called Arsenal versus Leicester a microcosm of the Gunners' typical Premier League seasons: a strong start, a dip in the middle and a brilliant finish. It remains to be seen how much Per Mertesacker will contribute while the swelling on his forehead goes down, as well.
Lacazette's goalscoring ability is one thing, but his ability to link up with Arsenal's other attackers inside the box is an added bonus.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain seemed most determined to equalise for Arsenal.
- Guardiola: Man City to rein in spending after record outlay
- Eclipse glasses becoming harder to find
- Stocks down, gold up after North Korea threat
- Kenyatta declared victor of Kenyan presidential race
- London braced for Usain Bolt's farewell
- Visualize the Total Solar Eclipse with NASA's 3D App
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai slams gender differences memo
- IPhone 8 render leaks in Copper; Concepts show elegant design
- 2016 was Earth's warmest year on record, worldwide report shows
- Kenyan opposition to accept results in election servers if given access