Saturday night's culmination of a two-month promotional spectacle wasn't a sham or a total farce, wasn't an embarrassment to boxing or the worst thing to befall combat sports. "I love boxing. Boxing gave me everything I have". I'm also looking forward to grappling. It was actually quite good at times, really good at others.
The UFC wants its biggest star back in the octagon quickly. "This was my last fight tonight".
UFC President Dana White, however, was less enthused with the idea of McGregor's pursuing a boxing career.
"I felt like I owed the fans a last hurrah", Mayweather said. "This is not what he does".
The most unusual megafight in years went longer and was more competitive than many expected when an unbeaten, five-division world champion boxer took on a mixed martial artist making his pro boxing debut.
Conor McGregor was drinking Irish whiskey and acting like he had won.
He believes McGregor - if matched against a younger fighter who is not coming off a two year retirement - will get seriously hurt and stopped much sooner.
Conor McGregor Issued Medical Suspension After TKO Loss to Floyd Mayweather
Regardless, Mayweather vs. McGregor is going to gain a record-breaking haul. "That's a fair trade".
The man, Zack Bartel, said he paid the US$99.99 fee to stream the fight in high-definition from a Showtime app, only to suffer through an unstable feed with poor resolution and numerous freezes.
A screenshot of the Mayweather-McGregor fight that apparently aired illegally on Facebook.
Returning to featherweight is less likely, given the effort necessary to make that 145-pound limit.
Jose Aldo Jr., who was famously knocked out after just 13 seconds in the octagon by McGregor, couldn't resist immediately tweeting out a series of laughing emojis as the referee stepped in to end the contest. No boxer has ever marketed himself like the man who calls himself Money, and he can now relax and enjoy his private jets, mansions and courtside seats to National Basketball Association games around the nation.
"I come from poverty, I come from the inner city", explained Mayweather.
Despite losing inside the ring, McGregor is far from a loser outside of it.
- Shikhar Dhawan's rich form continues, century helps India beat Sri Lanka
- Samsung heir convicted of bribery: Company's future at stake
- Carrizo Plain likely to remain national monument
- Watch season 7, episode 5 Eastwatch free on Amazon Channels
- Dara Khosrowshahi: New CEO of Uber, Boards Picks Him!!!
- Okuhara leads female shuttlers at worlds
- NASA Scientist Weighs In on Solar Eclipse Do's and Don'ts
- Riots leave 29 dead after Indian 'godman's' rape conviction
- Cambrils attack: four suspects shot dead by one officer, police say
- Trudeau says Mayweather's going to 'teach' McGregor how to box