"I have won the Premier League and the title in France".
Chelsea have reached the knockout stages of the Champions League 13 times in their previous 14 appearances.
On the eve of his return to European competition, Conte talks on the challenge in London against Azerbaijan's Qarabag. Here is a reminder of one of them, when Chelsea overcame a first-leg deficit to knock Napoli out of the round of 16 on their way to glory in 2012 - an occasion for which no further words are needed. "It's the biggest stage to be involved in in club football". "You need to grow step by step to be like Real, Bayern and you don't create a big, strong team easily".
However, Chelsea took the lead a minute later when Alvaro Morata peeled off his marker and headed home Cesar Azpilicueta's cross.
Saturday's win means Chelsea go into a potentially key September run of seven matches across three competitions with momentum.
Champions League debutants Qarabag will offer novelty value to the group phase of Europe's top club competition but the "Barcelona of the Caucasus", as their fans like to refer to them, will not just be there for souvenirs.
Diego Costa is still expected to remain absent as his exile from the Chelsea squad continues following a transfer stand-off between the Brazilian and the club.
I was just happy to be there, to be back. Although not yet fully fit, the Belgian could start from the off on Tuesday.
"Eden Hazard is in the squad".
"Nobody doubts the quality and value of the player but something must have gone wrong in the changing room", he said. They simply can not give this man too much space, because he will make the most of it by terrorising the back four. Chelsea often find that Hazard is their barometer; when he plays well it is nearly a certain victory, but when he isn't at his best, it is common for Chelsea to struggle. The 27-year-old, as mentioned above, already has 4 goals and will be looking to add to his tally on Tuesday. He likes to control and dictate the game and it's crucial he's at his best against Chelsea and Atletico Madrid. "He played a really fantastic game", Conte said.
Conte has had two Champions League campaigns as a manager with Juventus.
- Many head to airport for flights to FL ahead of Irma
- Guest editorial (Wheeling): On DACA, Trump abiding by the oath he took
- Browns fall short against Steelers in season-opener
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 receives positive initial response
- Equifax faces up to $70 billion lawsuit for data breach
- Steelers at Browns: Preview, prediction, odds and pick
- US Average Retail Gasoline Prices Increase in Wake of Hurricane Harvey
- Hurricane Jose's path: What you should know
- More flights canceled as hurricanes hit regions
- Stat suggests New England Patriots will win 2017 season opener